Friday, October 12, 2012

Flanagan To Prove His Worth

Liverpool right-back Jon Flanagan has vowed to prove his worth to Brendan Rodgers when he recovers from the injury that has left him a frustrated spectator this season.

Flanagan is back in light training after picking up an ankle injury in pre-season and hopes to be fit to boost Rodgers' options soon.

He told the club's official website: "I picked up a slight injury during the U21s game at Crystal Palace when I damaged the ligaments in my ankle, but it's recovering well and I'm back out on the pitch jogging again so I hope to be back soon.

"It's been very frustrating. We've had a few injuries in the full-back position and Andre Wisdom has come in and done great at right-back, so I just want to get back fully fit now.

"I haven't had too many injuries to be honest but at the end of last season I had a slight problem with my knee. Hopefully the injuries are all in the past now.

"The manager has been great and given the young lads a chance in the first team, so when I get fit I've just got to show him what I can do and hopefully get a chance."

No comments: