Friday, September 28, 2012

Suso Credits Team-Mate For Liverpool Rise

Liverpool rookie Suso has credited fellow Spaniard Jose Enrique for his rise through the ranks at Anfield.

The promising 18-year-old made his Premier League debut when he came on at half-time against Manchester United on Sunday and did not look out of place in the emotionally-charged derby.

The Spain Under-19 international, who joined Liverpool in 2010 from hometown club Cadiz, admits it has been a challenge to adapt to life in England.

However, he says the transition has been made easier by the presence of left-back Enrique.

"He is the player I learn from," said Suso, who featured against West Brom in the Capital One Cup on Wednesday night.

"Every day he gives me advice and he always knows what is best for me and what I can improve. He is the best companion I have here; he is a good support inside and outside the club.

"It's true there is much difference between Liverpool in Cadiz. Especially the food, the fish you can get in Cadiz is not here! And my family of course."

No comments: