Friday, August 31, 2012

West Ham Confirm Carroll Loan

West Ham have confirmed the signing of Andy Carroll on loan from Liverpool with a view to a permanent deal.

The Hammers have worked hard to do a deal for the England forward with Liverpool initially reluctant to do a loan deal for the man they paid £35million for last year.

But the newly-promoted side have persuaded the 23-year-old to move to London and confirmed they have an option to make the signing a permanent one for an undisclosed fee next summer.

The player himself insists he is just looking forward to playing games - and scoring goals for Sam Allardyce's side.

"It's great to be here at West Ham and all signed up - I just can't wait to get started now," Carroll told the club's official website.

"I want to be playing games and obviously hoping to score some goals. I know the manager well and some of the lads, so it is nice for me to come to a place where I know people.

"I'm hoping to add a lot of goals and create a few chances. I know Sam from Newcastle and he was a massive reason for me coming. When I worked with him at Newcastle it was great so it was a no-brainer really."

West Ham boss Sam Allardyce is delighted to have got his man and believes he has acquired the services of an all-round talent.

He said: "I think for all parties this is a great signing. Andy is an all-round footballer, but because he is 6'3" and one of his strengths is his aerial power, everybody dismisses the ability he possesses on the floor.

"Hopefully he can score goals for us and we will be in a very good position at the end of the year in the Barclays Premier League."

No comments: