Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Lucas Leiva Backs Jonjo Shelvey To Shine At Anfield

Lucas Leiva has backed Jonjo Shelvey to become a key player for Brendan Rodgers at Liverpool.

Lucas, who made a stuttering start to his career at Anfield before becoming a first-team regular, has been left impressed by Shelvey and is confident the midfielder will capitalize on any opportunities handed to him by Rodgers.

“Jonjo is a young player, but he’s been with us for two or three season so we have seen every day he has a lot of quality and I think he will be a very good player for this club,” Lucas told Liverpool’s website.

“He has been very impressive in pre-season and I am looking forward to helping him when he wants me to. Hopefully he will be a great addition this season.

“My advice to him would be just to keep working hard and when he gets a chance, to try and take it.

“He has a little bit of experience already and played a few games last season, so I think he won’t have a problem when he has his chance – and I will try to help him on the pitch.”

No comments: