Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Holtby Offers No Hints

Schalke midfielder Lewis Holtby is reluctant to speculate on proposed contract talks or reports linking him with a move to the Premier League.

The Germany international has confessed in the past to being an admirer of the English top-flight, sparking speculation that he could soon be on the move.

Liverpool, Everton, Arsenal and Manchester United have all been linked with the talented 21-year-old.

They have been offered hope by the fact that Holtby's current contract at Schalke is due to expire next summer.

He is yet to pen an extension and admits to being uncertain as to what the future will hold.

Holtby is, however, keen to avoid being dragged into an endless rounds of transfer gossip and claims his focus is locked solely on his football.

"I am under contract with the club and I am a Schalke player," he said.

"I just want to focus on playing football.

"I like it at Schalke. I will give my best in training and the manager will decide if I am a first team player."

No comments: