Sunday, July 15, 2012

Borini Knew He Would Be Back

Fabio Borini has expressed his delight at securing a return to English football with Liverpool, while Brendan Rodgers has saluted his first Reds signing.

Italy international Borini has completed a switch to Anfield after passing a medical and putting pen to paper on a long-term contract.

His arrival on Merseyside from Italian outfit Roma offers him the chance to work closely with Rodgers again, a man he knows well from his days with Chelsea and Swansea City.

Borini has been snapped up to add a different dimension to Liverpool's attacking unit, and the 21-year-old is confident he can deliver the goods in the Premier League.

He told the club's official website: "I felt really good because I wanted to come back to England one day. I knew sooner or later I would be back.

"Being back with Liverpool is even better because I can show the people what I can do - we've got the Europa League and lots of things to play for.

"I hope to achieve the maximum I can, by scoring goals, getting into the Champions League and all of the things the club also wants - and all the other players.

"It's a top club that has won a lot of trophies in the past, and will do so in the future we hope as well."

Borini becomes Rodgers' first piece of transfer business since he inherited the managerial reins at Anfield from Kenny Dalglish.

No comments: