Thursday, July 26, 2012

Borini Itching To Get Going

Fabio Borini admits he is 'desperate to get started' at Liverpool after cutting short his summer break to settle into new surroundings.

The Italy international became Brendan Rodgers' first signing as Reds boss when he completed a switch from Roma.

He has worked with Rodgers before at Chelsea and Swansea, but appreciates that it will take time to get to know his new team-mates and the intricacies of their game.

For that reason, Borini was only too happy to return to pre-season training ahead of schedule and give himself the best possible preparation for the start of the 2012/13 campaign.

"I chose to come early because I think it's important to be with the team, especially because I'm a new player," the 21-year-old told the club's official website.

"I could have had a month but I didn't play at the Euros.

"I chose to come early to get used to the team and adapt more quickly. I am desperate to get started."

Borini admits Rodgers' presence at Anfield helped to lure him back to English football and he has full faith in the Ulsterman's ability to bring success to the red half of Merseyside.

"First of all he is a good person outside of football, and it's important to work with good people," he said.

"As a manager he is great. He knows what he is going to do every single day, he is very organized.

"You can see at the training ground, he gets there early and he really wants to work and improve every day.

"I think he is the kind of manager players love to play for. I love to play for him.

"We are very close. When he was working at Swansea, he'd text after I scored twice, and I'd text when he achieved good results with Swansea, when he beat the big teams.

"It's a good relationship as a friend, as human beings, and then as a working relationship."

No comments: