Thursday, June 28, 2012

Wanyama Keen On England

Celtic starlet Victor Wanyama has admitted that he is open to a move to England.

Wanyama's business manager Rob Moore told Sky Sports earlier this month that the player would like the club to listen to any offers made.

Now the impressive 21-year-old - who only joined Celtic last summer from Belgian Beerschot - admits he would like the chance to play in England with Liverpool, Stoke City, Queens Park Rangers, Newcastle and West Ham United all believed to been keen.

"I think the Premier League is the dream of so many players, so I'd be happy to play there. There are a lot of good clubs in England," the Kenyan told the Daily Record.

"It will be difficult to leave Celtic because I have just had a good season here and we are now playing in the Champions League.

"Celtic are one of the biggest teams. I've been happy here, and the fans have been brilliant to me.

"But it would not be a terrible thing for me if the club agrees to let me go, and they were to get a good offer. They are the ones who decide.

"I'm proud I'm the first Kenyan to play in the UK and I'd be very happy to be the first Kenyan to play in the Premier League."

No comments: