Saturday, June 30, 2012

Keita Not Interested In Liverpool Switch

Barcelona midfielder Seydou Keita has revealed he will not be interested if Liverpool make an approach for his signature.

Keita, 32, has been linked with a switch to Liverpool for some time, but is quoted as telling reporters: "I won't be going to Anfield."

The Mali international has been heavily involved in Barcelona's incredible success over the last four seasons, pulling on the Blaugrana shirt on 188 occasions as they achieved domestic and continental glory.

Keita has one year left to run on his current deal but has an option to opt out of the final season due to the amount of playing time he received last term.

However, the midfielder revealed last week that he is still hopeful of a new deal at Barcelona and is not unnecessarily worried about the lack of an offer so far.

"I'm waiting to talk to the club to clear up my future," Keita told Marca. "I want to stay at Barca, that's my wish. I'd like to retire at the club and I hope it will be possible. We need to sit down, see what Barca offers and wants and iron out all the details. My family is happy in Barcelona."

No comments: