Sunday, May 20, 2012

Kuyt Hoping For Anfield Stay Following Dalglish Sacking

Liverpool attacker Dirk Kuyt has reportedly expressed a desire to remain at Anfield following the departure of Kenny Dalglish as boss.

Kuyt has endured a frustrating season having found himself frequently on the bench, with Dalglish opting to play Jordan Henderson and Stewart Downing rather than utilizing the Dutchman's industry.

The attacker had been linked with a move away from Liverpool, after reportedly being told by Dalglish that he did not feature in the club's plans.

The Netherlands international had been linked with a return to his former club Feyenoord, with rumours that German side Hamburg were also interested in signing the 31 year-old.

However, it appears as though Dalglish's sacking has prompted a u-turn in the mind of Kuyt.

According to reports on, he told Algemeen Dagblad: “I hope I can stay with Liverpool. But that's what I said the last couple of months.”

Kuyt admitted that he was growing disillusioned with life under Dalglish, but conceded that he will wait until a new manager is appointed before making a decision on his future at the club.

“With Dalgish as manager I didn't have the illusion he would let me start from the beginning [of matches] next season,” he said.

"We have to wait and see now. I'm not sure yet what Liverpool will do with this manager vacancy."

No comments: