Monday, May 28, 2012

Adam Out To Impress New Boss

Charlie Adam has admitted he was shocked to see Kenny Dalglish sacked by Liverpool, but is determined to prove his worth to whoever is the new manager.

Dalglish was axed earlier this month after 18 months in the job at Anfield with the Reds icon paying the price for their eighth-place finish in the Premier League.

Adam, who was signed by Dalglish last summer from Blackpool, admits the former Reds boss played a big part in his decision to move to Liverpool, but he knows the club has now got to move on.

"Dalglish was a key factor in me going to Liverpool - but he's gone now so we have to move on. I was surprised when he left but the owners make these decisions," Adam told the Sunday Mail.

"They have been first-class since they came in and have put a lot of money in to the club.

"Now we have to look to the future. Whoever comes in will be a top manager who is used to working with top players.

"It's one of the best jobs in English football so it will be very attractive to a lot of people."

Adam missed the last two months of the season with a knee injury, but he is confident he will be fit in time for pre-season as he looks to impress the new man at the helm at Anfield.

"The most important thing is just getting back on the pitch and playing again," added Adam.

"I missed eight weeks toward the end of the season and the Cup final.

"I couldn't help the lads when they needed it. So I need to be fully fit to show the new man what I can do.

"I was back working at Liverpool last week getting fit so I'll be fine for pre-season.

"I'll be all geared up for that and trying to impress the new manager.

"We're one of the best clubs in the world and I feel extremely fortunate to be at Liverpool."

No comments: