Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Colombia Striker Claims Liverpool Are Interested In His Services

Colombian striker Jackson Martinez claims he is currently attracting interest from both Liverpool and Porto.

The 25-year-old, who has scored 17 goals in 31 league appearances this season, plays his club football for Mexican side Jaguares.

But he has been tipped to make a move to one of the big European clubs this summer and he has revealed that he could be on his way to the Premier League with Liverpool.

Scouts from Anfield have reportedly watched him in action this season and he is available for around £4m - but Porto are also in the hunt.

Martinez told Colombian newspaper Nuevo Estadio: "I am not in any advanced negotiations with Liverpool or Porto but I know they are personally interested.

"I have not spoken to anyone and that goes for my club and my agent.

"In the next few months things should be finalized."

No comments: