Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Dede Rejects Liverpool And United Move

Vasco da Gama defender Deda has ruled out a move away from Brazil.

The 23-year-old has been linked with a string of club from throughout Europe.

Both Liverpool and Manchester United have reportedly expressed an interest, but Dede is ready to reject any advances for the time being.

"I am not ready to leave," Dede told Brazilian newspaper Lancenet. "When I am, I will say. Right now, I have to enjoy what is happening to me at Vasco. It is too soon to leave.

"Brazilian football is making me grow, I feel ready to represent the Selecao in a good way without having to leave the country."

Dede's eye for goal, as well as his defensive authority has seen both Liverpool and United linked with his services.

With Rio Ferdinand yet to sign a new contract and Jamie Carragher expected to retire in the summer, both sides could be looking for added defensive resources this summer.

However, even the carrot of Champions League football doesn't appear likely to tempt Dede, despite the success of several Brazilian internationals in the Premier League.

Chelsea's midfielder Ramires has enjoyed his best season in English football, while defender David Luiz has also found his second season at Stamford Bridge a more pleasant experience after a turbulent first six months.

No comments: