Thursday, January 05, 2012

Jelavic Doubts Liverpool Links

Rangers striker Nikica Jelavic is refusing to be distracted by reports that Liverpool are considering a bid for him.

Jelavic, who joined the Glasgow side from Rapid Vienna in 2010, has been linked with a big money move in January - with QPR just one Premier League club to have been credited with an interest.

Liverpool, who have also been linked with Aston Villa striker Darren Bent in recent days, are the latest club to be linked with the Croatia international - although the 26-year-old remains doubtful about whether he is really the subject of discussions at Anfield.

"Of course it is nice to see your name being linked with that kind of club," Jelavic told Slobodna Dalmacija. "But I don't know if the rumour is true.

"Liverpool is a big club and anybody would like to play at Anfield but I'm just trying to stay focused on my game."

Jelavic has got used to reading speculation about him, but insists he is happy to remain at Rangers for the foreseeable future.

"Every day I read in the papers that some new club is coming to get me but it's funny as I don't know anything about it," he added. "So I don't mind if a day passes without me looking at the papers. I just want to stay focused for Rangers.

"I love it in Glasgow. I'm contracted here for another two-and-a-half years. But, if the club were to sell me to get the money they need, then that would suit me too."

No comments: