Sunday, December 11, 2011

Sunderland Striker Alerts Tottenham And Liverpool With Exit Wish

Despite admitting his admiration for new manager Martin O’Neill, Asamoah Gyan has outlined his reluctance to return to Sunderland, perhaps even after his loan spell with Middle Eastern outfit Al Ain has finished.

Ghanaian goalscorer Gyan – who has netted 27 times in 54 matches for the Black Stars – is in the United Arab Emirates as a result of a deal struck back in September and, although rumours to the contrary have circulated this week, the 26 year-old ruled out a return to Wearside this January.

“Will I come back to Sunderland at the end of this season? For now I don’t want to talk about my situation because I am currently on loan and I am doing well,” said the striker, who has six goals in six league games for his current side. “Let’s see where my future lies after my loan deal.

“I miss the Premier League because it is the best league in the world so I have a lot of respect for it. It is a great league and who knows what will happen in the future. But what I have to say is that I am enjoying my football at the moment. I don’t know – let’s see what happens at the end of my current deal.”

“I know all about Martin O’Neill. I remember him from when he was at Aston Villa and they did very well when he was there,” Gyan added. “He is a good manager and everyone speaks well about him.”

With such comments in mind, both Harry Redknapp and Kenny Dalglish – who are not shy of gambling on high-profile attackers – could be compelled into approaching the Black Cats about Gyan’s availability.

Scoring 10 Premiership goals in 34 appearances since his record breaking £13 million move, Gyan has proven pedigree in the top-tier of English football and would be a strong addition to the squads of either Tottenham or Liverpool.

No comments: