Saturday, December 17, 2011

Skrtel Enjoying Reds Role

Liverpool defender Martin Skrtel has hailed his partnership with Daniel Agger, stating the Dane is easy to play alongside.

The Reds have conceded three goals in six games since the Slovakian stopper was paired with Agger during Jamie Carragher's absence.

Uruguayan Sebastian Coates is also vying to start for Liverpool and Skrtel believes competition for places is healthy.

The 26-year-old is also enjoying his football under manager Kenny Dalglish and is happy continuing to fight for his place in the team.

"Daniel is a top quality player and is easy to play alongside," he told Liverpoolfc.tv. "I think we are doing well together.

"We have a very good understanding on the pitch which is important and we are working hard and enjoying our job."

Skrtel added: "I'm really enjoying my football under the manager. The atmosphere around the club is very good and he has played me in almost every single game which gives me a lot of confidence.

"I'm happy I am playing and I am working as hard as I can to stay in the team.

"Our squad is now very strong. That is very important for the team because we have a lot of games in front of us, especially January when we have cup matches as well, so we need everybody fresh."

No comments: