Friday, December 09, 2011

Liverpool Striker Sets Sights On Next Gerrard

Liverpool striker Craig Bellamy has set his sights on football coaching and management at the end of playing career.

The Welsh international, renowned for his fiery character on the pitch, has enjoyed a successful return to Anfield after moving to the club on a free transfer on deadline day.

But at 32-years-old, the former Newcastle and Manchester City forward admits his mind has pondered life after professional football, and Bellamy is hopeful he can stay in the game.

"I have a philosophy on football about how it should be played but I'd like to start off at a young age and find my feet, and work my way up through the ranks and learn that way," said Bellamy.

"I would like to start with academies. I'd like to coach young kids and try and improve them.

"You have to have a feeling for the club you represent, and it's important to let young players know who they are representing in the supporters."

His time on Merseyside has clearly had an instant impact, with Bellamy already targeting a future England international and Liverpool idol when he takes up a future role.

"I'd love to find the next Steven Gerrard and help him progress; it would be rewarding."

No comments: