Thursday, December 08, 2011

Coates Wants To Play At Anfield

Liverpool defender Sebastian Coates has declared that he cannot wait to run onto the pitch at Anfield and hear the loyal supporters roar the team on.

The Uruguay international signed for the Reds in August and has made four appearances so far which have all been away from home.

The young centre-back has watched many games from the bench this season and he has expressed his desire to play in front of the Kop fans at home.

"I have only played away from home so far and it would be very nice to play at Anfield," Coates told LFC magazine.

"You can see the passion there is in the crowd. You can see it sitting on the bench but it would be much nicer to see it playing on the field.

"It hasn't really come as a surprise to me because I had already heard of the passion that Liverpool fans had but being told about something and then seeing it for yourself first hand are two different things.

"In other parts of the world, the fans of other clubs are also passionate about their teams but here I believe that the passion of the fans is special. It makes it very difficult for the teams that come to visit Anfield."

Coates is enjoying his time at Liverpool and he believes that he is still adapting to the style of the Premier league.

"English football is more dynamic. It is faster but little by little I am trying to adapt better to it," added Coates.

"I have obviously come from a league which is much slower than this, where there is much more time to think about what you are going to do, but I understand this is an area I need to improve.

"I need to change but I think I am making those changes and adapting well to the English league and I reckon with the passing of time I will get better and better.

"I think a year will be long enough for me to adapt. I am learning a lot from Jamie Carragher, from Daniel Agger and Martin Skrtel.

"And it is logical for the team and the club to expect me to adapt within a year so I am going to do my best to do so and I think I will achieve it."

No comments: