Monday, December 26, 2011

Charlie Adam Is Not Afraid To Take Penalties Again

Midfielder Charlie Adam has no qualms about taking Liverpool’s next penalty despite squandering the spot-kick which saw his side lose ground on the Premier League’s top five.

Having created a number of chances against Wigan on Wednesday night, Gary Caldwell’s handball gave the Reds the perfect opportunity to break the deadlock just after half-time.

But Liverpool’s penalty curse continued as Adam, who has scored the team’s only effort from 12 yards at West Brom in October, made it four failures in five attempts with goalkeeper Ali Al Habsi saving.

The Scotland midfielder has now joined Luis Suarez, Dirk Kuyt and Andy Carroll in having missed from the spot this season.

But he said: “I never thought I made a good connection with the penalty and the keeper made a good save but I’m disappointed I didn’t score.

“I scored the last one I took and was confident but I missed it.

“But if the opportunity comes around again I will be there to try to take another one.”

No comments: