Saturday, November 26, 2011

Morgan Likes Liverpool Blueprint

Jon Flanagan and Jack Robinson have set the blueprint for Liverpool youngsters hoping to make an impact at Anfield, reveals academy starlet Adam Morgan.

The 17-year-old striker is delighted to see two of his close friends settle so quickly into Kenny Dalglish's first-team squad, and revealed his aspirations to follow in their footsteps in the near future.

Less than twelve months ago, both Flanagan and Robinson were playing in the youth and reserve teams, before being thrust into senior action in the run-in to the 2010-11 campaign.

The duo have remained part of the first-team fold ever since, and have given the likes of Morgan a renewed sense of optimism.

"I'm an optimistic person so hopefully I can push on with the reserves and try and be around the first-team set-up," he told Liverpoolfc.tv. "It'd be great to train with them a few more times per month.

"When you look at the example set by Flanno and Jack Robbo, you can see it can be done. They've done really well so hopefully that can be me in the future."

Morgan has been in impressive form for both the U18s and reserves sides so far this season, and has already entered double figures in the goal charts.

The youngster is tipped for a bright future at Liverpool, and whilst he continues his development under the guidance of the Reds coaching staff, Morgan insists he is happy to turn out for whichever team needs him.

"I fit in with both the U18 and reserve teams to be fair," he added. "I get on with all of the lads. I'm just told from day to day which team I'll be training with and I'm happy with that.

"I need to keep working hard and I am happy to play for whichever Liverpool team needs me. I've learned a lot off both coaches.

"Mike Marsh has really helped me and I worked with him a lot when I was with the U16s, [and] I really enjoy working with Rodolfo too because he has shown me parts of my game that I didn't think I had."

No comments: