Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Borrell: Sporting Lisbon Feel Current Youth Team Their Best Ever

Sporting Lisbon believe they have something special inside their youth system. Sporting thrashed Liverpool in last week's NextGen clash.

And Reds coach Rodolfo Borrell revealed on liverpoolc.tv: "I think Sporting are up there as one of the main contenders for the title. I have some experience working in a great youth system at Barcelona, and now here at Liverpool. If I look back at my 14 years in Barca's youth system and analyze all of my squads, I think I had just one that was better than Sporting. In fact, during 20 years I have only faced three teams with similar qualities.

"When we spoke with the Portuguese team's staff while we were in Lisbon they told us that they believe it to be the best youth team in their history. That is a massive statement when you consider that they are famous for bringing through talent such as Luis Figo and Cristiano Ronaldo. What they have with that team is special."

No comments: