Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Boro Star Rebuffs Move Talk

Middlesbrough star Rhys Williams insists that he has no intention of leaving the club in January.

Williams stated earlier this week that he was not ready to sign a new deal at Boro - unless they improved their offer.

This led to renewed speculation about his future with Bolton and Liverpool linked again, with Aston Villa also previously linked.

Speaking from Australia where he is on international duty, he insisted that whilst he wants to play in the Premier League - he wants that to be with Boro.

He told The World Game: "While I am determined to play in the Premier League I want to make that happen with Middlesbrough. We are third at the moment and we're going to be very close this season.

"Of course I'd love to play in the top flight, what player wouldn't?

"But I am happy where I am and have never said that I want to go elsewhere. I don't know where all this has come from about Bolton and Liverpool. I don't know anything about it.

"My main aim is to do what I can for Boro. It's a great club and I am really happy to be a part of the squad.

"I know there has been talk about Bolton being interested in the past, and while that's complimentary, it's not on my mind now at all.

"I'm enjoying my club football and also trying to cement a starting place for my country. That's another challenge and I don't want there to be any distractions."

No comments: