Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Anfield Ace Pleads For Extension

Blackpool loanee Jonjo Shelvey is hoping Liverpool will agree to extend his stay at Bloomfield Road.

The 19-year-old midfielder is enjoying a spell of regular first-team football, chipping in with six goals for the Seasiders.

Having helped Ian Holloway's side cement their place within the promotion-chasing pack in the Npower Championship, Shelvey is eager to see the challenge through, and help Blackpool bounce back to the Barclays Premier League at the first time of asking.

"Blackpool is a good team with good players and I have asked Liverpool if I can stay here for the season," he said in an exclusive interview with Vital Football.

"It is not that far from home and I think we could achieve something - I am really enjoying it here."

Reds boss Kenny Dalglish has high hopes for Shelvey - who has been tipped for a bright future at Anfield. But with competition for places in the Liverpool side stronger than ever, the youngster believes an extended run of games will be more beneficial to his long-term development.

"Obviously I want to break into the Liverpool side," he added. "But I think playing at a good club gives me the best chance of doing that."

No comments: