Monday, November 14, 2011

Agger Happy With Progress

Liverpool defender Daniel Agger is enjoying playing for both club and country after getting his career back on course.

The centre-back has featured regularly for Kenny Dalglish's side in the early stages of the campaign and has also appeared twice for Denmark.

After being plagued by fitness problems in recent seasons, 26-year-old Agger is happy things are running more smoothly.

"I have especially enjoyed being on the pitch this season and just take one match at a time," Agger told Sporten.dk.

"I have noticed that I am more relaxed. I know where I am at the moment and that suits me perfectly.

"Football has always meant a lot to me but I enjoy it more today."

Agger is pleased to be fit after suffering with a succession of injury woes but admits he might never completely recover.

"It's going well right now," he added. "It's not perfect, but it will probably never be that.

"My body might not have been built to play football.

"You have to learn to live with it and I have done that. It has been necessary at times."

The defender insists there is nowhere he would rather be than at Anfield, adding: "There are no better options in the world than Liverpool. It is top in every area."

No comments: