Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Kenny Dalglish Encouraged By Liverpool Performance

Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish is taking heart from the number of chances his side created against Norwich, despite the fact that most of them went unconverted.

The Reds squandered a host of goalscoring opportunities as they were held to a 1-1 draw by the Canaries at Anfield.

It meant Liverpool lost ground on the top four in the Barclays Premier League, but Dalglish is determined to focus on the positives.

"I think we've been brilliant in creating the chances," Dalglish told www.liverpoolfc.tv.

"It's a huge pleasure for us that we're creating that many chances. So we'll look at the positives.

"The finishing side? Obviously we've got to add to it.

"But when you look at the facts and figures and reflect on what they've actually done and what they've actually created, you wouldn't bet against scoring five or six on any given day."

A definite bonus for the Merseyside outfit is the return to fitness of club captain Steven Gerrard, whose start in the Norwich game was his second since making his comeback after a six-month period sidelined by groin problems.

Gerrard has spoken of his appreciation at receiving a visit from the club's owners Fenway Sports Group during his time out of action, and the 31-year-old feels the Americans have done a good job over the year that they have been in control of Liverpool.

"It's been a good 12 months on the pitch and off the pitch," Gerrard told LFC Magazine.

"They've stabilized the club and certainly put the money in. They've backed the manager and (director of football) Damien Comolli. They've been very supportive of the team.

"I thought it was a brilliant touch for them to come and visit me in the hospital when I had my infection.

"I was very low at the time but they called me and made the effort to come and see me. That gave me a huge lift and I was very grateful to them for it."

No comments: