Monday, October 31, 2011

Daniel Agger Targets Extended Run In Liverpool Side

Daniel Agger is hoping to keep his place in the Liverpool side after an injury-hit spell at Anfield.

The Dane, who has suffered from a number of injuries since joining the Reds from Brondby in 2006, has featured regularly for Kenny Dalglish’s side this season and made his 100th Premier League appearance in Saturday’s 2-0 win against West Brom.

"It's special to play 100 league games for Liverpool and it has been a long time coming because of the unlucky injuries I have had," Agger told the club's official website.

"Hopefully now I can have an injury free run and I hope now to keep on going and play another 100 games for this club.

"I am enjoying my football now. I feel I have been unlucky with injuries and hopefully I can get some good luck now because it means a lot to me to play for this club."

Agger also revealed his delight at keeping a clean sheet against West Brom at The Hawthorns, adding: "It was so important for us to keep a clean sheet and that is always good for us defenders and great for the whole team as well.

"I thought we played well and deserved the three points. We are happy and we have to continue this form and keep winning games.

"I think we can take a lot from this result and we now look ahead to the next game against Swansea at home and try and get another three points."

No comments: