Sunday, October 30, 2011

Dalglish Salutes Suarez

Kenny Dalglish paid tribute to another star showing from Luis Suarez after watching the Uruguayan torment West Brom on Saturday.

Suarez played a part in both of Liverpool's goals as they left The Hawthorns with a 2-0 win.

He won the penalty from which Charlie Adam opened the scoring, before playing in Andy Carroll for the Reds' second.

Dalglish was quick to praise Suarez afterwards, with the Anfield boss admitting he is starting to sound like a broken record.

He said: "Luis is a fantastic footballer. For us, there were a lot of excellent performances out there.

"There was not one player that could be disappointed with their performance.

"But within the group, there will be people who excel a little bit more than others.

"For us, it seems to be Luis quite often. He and Andy haven't played together that often.

"I thought they played really well together. I'm sure everyone in our squad is appreciative of what Luis does but I'm sure he is delighted with them as well."

West Brom's players were incensed with the award of an eighth minute penalty, with Jerome Thomas adjudged to have felled Suarez, but Dalglish claims he did not have a clear view of the incident and cannot comment on it.

He said: "I'm going to sound like Arsene (Wenger). I never saw it from where I was standing and I haven't seen any replays.

"I'm not trying to be evasive or duck the question. There was also a big appeal from our lads for a handball (by Steven Reid) that we never got."

No comments: