Monday, October 03, 2011

Cole Open To Lille Stay

Joe Cole has admitted that he would be willing to consider a permanent switch to Lille when his loan spell comes to an end.

The midfielder will see out the season with the reigning French champions after falling out of favour at Liverpool.

A change of scenery has helped to breathe new life into Cole's career after he stagnated somewhat at Anfield.

The England international is enjoying his football again and that has showed in his performances.

Cole's loan agreement will reach a conclusion next summer, but he has refused to rule out the prospect of remaining in Ligue 1.

"I could join Lille permanently," he said.

"If they are happy with me, and vice versa, I don't see why not.

"Lille have quality players and there's an unbeatable mood in the dressing room. I benefit from it every day and I am enjoying myself.

"There is a superb team spirit at the club. I love playing here."

No comments: