Saturday, September 10, 2011

Steven Gerrard Resumes Full Training With Liverpool

Liverpool midfielder Steven Gerrard has revealed he is nearing a return to first-team football after resuming full training.

The Liverpool captain suffered a groin injury in March which ruled him out for the remainder of last season and having failed to take part in any of Kenny Dalglish's side's pre-season matches, the 31-year-old has conceded he has found the return to training difficult.

"I've been in full training for the last two days," Gerrard told the club's official website.

"It came as a bit of shock to the system actually because I've been one on one with Darren Burgess for the last three or four weeks working really hard to get to a certain level of fitness.

"Now I'm back in with the boys, it's a completely different ball game - it's a lot more tougher, quicker and I've struggled the last two days, so I'm really tired at the moment.

"But I'm back in full training and looking forward to being involved with the lads in games in the coming weeks."

No comments: