Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Injury Relief For Martin Kelly

Liverpool defender Martin Kelly admitted his relief after his latest injury proved not to be too serious.

The right-back lasted just half-an-hour of the 3-1 win over Bolton before he had to limp off with a hamstring injury.

The 21-year-old missed the final three months of last season with a torn hamstring and feared he may have to endure a similar lay-off.

But he told the official Liverpool website: "We had a scan and it was good news - it was only a slight strain. I'll build up training this week.

"I could have maybe played on but it was important to get it right, with the history of hamstring trouble I had last season. I've done quite a lot of work over the last six months. Touch wood this will be the last.

"It's all part of football. You're going to get injuries. This is just a slight injury - no more than two weeks. It should be fine after that, injuries won't trouble me. It's just an unlucky time in the game for me."

No comments: