Thursday, September 29, 2011

Enrique Eyes Improvement

Liverpool left-back Jose Enrique is pleased with the start he has made to his Reds career but claims there is room for improvement.

The Spanish star joined the club from Newcastle in the summer and he has had an impressive start but is targeting champions League place and a spot in the Spanish squad for the Euro 2012 finals and knows he will have to improve to try and achieve that.

"To get the fans with you, you have to play well," Enrique said. "At the moment I think I've done well but I can do better.

"I have to improve of course. Sometimes I think about my mistakes and I want to kick myself.

"I'm like every person - I know when I've done good things and I know when I've done bad things. In football it's the same. I always think about my mistakes.

"I watch videos of other left-backs. I like Ashley Cole a lot - I think he's one of the best left-backs in the world.

"Others too, like Marcelo.

"I think if I keep improving I can be there (with Spain). I haven't gone yet because it's really hard to go - we won the last World Cup and the last European Championships, but I hope in the future I can be there.

"When I signed here I wanted to play Champions League football with this club and also to try and go to the national team.

"If I go I'll be happy but for me the national team is an extra. It's important but for me it's my club first."

No comments: