Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Babel Blasts Liverpool Training Regime

Liverpool flop Ryan Babel has blamed the Anfield club’s training regime for his poor form in England.

The Dutch forward arrived on Merseyside in 2007 with a growing reputation and a hefty £12m price tag.

But the 24-year-old scored just 12 goals in his four years at Liverpool and was sold to Hoffenheim in January.

The forward has enjoyed a stellar start to his new season in the Bundesliga and puts it down to better training at his new club.

“I think I've had really benefited from the move to the Bundesliga,” he told Dutch paper De Telegraaf.

"We do more preparation work at Hoffenheim than I ever saw in England and we do longer training sessions. I’ve never felt so fit. "

"You need competition to get fit. I often sat on the bench and the schedule in England, with a game every three days, meant the training was only there to maintain us.”

No comments: