Saturday, July 23, 2011

Reds Preparing To Unleash ‘The Next Robbie Fowler’

With plenty of attention being focused on the newest additions to Kenny Dalglish's Liverpool squad, one player also looking to make a name for himself at Anfield next season is promising academy product Adam Morgan.

The young striker, dubbed the 'next Robbie Fowler' has been making waves in the youth set-up, scoring 21 goals for the Reds' Under 18s before heading off to play for England in the Under 17 World Cup in Mexico.

Since returning to Merseyside, Morgan has continued his rich vein of form with four goals already in just two pre-season friendlies, including a brace in a Liverpool XI's 7-0 drubbing of Preston North End on Wednesday.

"I've been raring to go since the end of last season because I finished on such a high," he said. "I've had a good break. Mexico was a good experience but I just want to concentrate on Liverpool now and have a good season."

Morgan's reward for his fine performances over the past 12 months was the offer, and signing of his first professional contract earlier this month - a deal that will keep him at Anfield until June 2014.

Despite his fast-track development, Morgan is keeping his feet firmly on the floor. After emerging as a key performer for the Under 18s last term, his goal for this season is to make the step up and establish himself in coach Rodolfo Borrell's reserve side.

"If I can maintain last season's form, I'll progress and play for Rodo again hopefully," he continued. "I have a lot to thank him for, but I like working under Marshy [Mike Marsh – Under 18 coach] and I don't mind what team I play for as long as it's for Liverpool."

No comments: