Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Raul To Fight For Reds Place

Liverpool midfielder Raul Meireles insists he will be playing for the club this season despite question marks over his future at Anfield.

Manager Kenny Dalglish has brought in two midfielders in the shape of Jordan Henderson and Charlie Adam, leading some to believe that Meireles could be offloaded.

Serie A giants Inter Milan are reportedly keen on ex-Porto man Meireles, but he has no thoughts about quitting Anfield for pastures new this summer.

On the club's pre-season tour of China when he asked was asked if he would still be a Liverpool player this coming season, he replied: "Of course."

Meireles has also been troubled by an ankle problem, but he says he is on the mend, adding: "I have a little problem with my ankle, but I've start training today. It's a little problem."

Meanwhile, the club's record signing Andy Carroll is looking to hit the ground running this term after arriving with an injury following his £35million capture from Newcastle.

"It was disappointing since I signed being injured. Getting myself back fit," said the England international. "Now I'm getting myself fit I'm looking forward to the start of season, which should be successful."

No comments: