Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Liverpool FC Set To Beat Villarreal To Spain Striker's

Liverpool is set to continue their summer recruitment drive this week with two new signings.

Strikers Marco Bueno and Nacho are set to be added to the club's burgeoning youth set-up.

Bueno won the Under-17 World Cup with Mexico last summer and is understood to have secured his move to Merseyside from Pachuca by signing a pre-contract agreement.

Nacho, meanwhile, impressed during a recent trial at the club's academy.

Former Liverpool midfielder Mike Marsh, now coach of the under-18s, witnessed the hit man's exploits first-hand as he netted during the club's 8-0 rout over Stevenage nine days ago.

Villarreal had looked to sign the Albacete man after watching him extensively, but Anfield chiefs travelled to Spain last weekend in a bid to accelerate their proposed deal.

The under-18s narrowly missed out on winning Premier Academy League last season after they were denied a win in their final game of the season against Wolves.

Former academy starlet Dani Pacheco, meanwhile, is threatening to leave Liverpool.

The 20-year-old has spent four years in England but has failed to make a breakthrough since arriving from Barcelona, despite a brief but successful loan spell with Norwich last season.

Now the striker, who is currently at the Under-20 World Cup with Spain, is considering his options away from Anfield after making just 14 senior appearances in the past two years.

He said: “I hoped for a lot more [at Liverpool]; why should I deny it?

“I was told I was going to have opportunities; quite simply, if they don’t give me more opportunities, I am very clear I want to leave.

“Above all, I want to play and if I have to leave to do that then there will be no problem.

“Some day I would like to return home. If it happens, it happens.

“Logically it’s a disappointment to see that you don’t have any playing time.

“But in such a situation all you can do is work and I hope to have minutes in the Under-20 World Cup to demonstrate what I am worth.”

No comments: