Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Cole Ready For Liverpool Fight

Joe Cole claims he is ready to prove himself at Liverpool after a season of torment.

Cole arrived at Anfield last year on a free transfer from Chelsea, but he struggled to make an impact at a time when Liverpool was at a low ebb.

Kenny Dalglish was brought in to steady the ship and Liverpool surged up the table, but Cole was largely left a frustrated spectator.

Cole has seen the Reds recruit midfielders Charlie Adam, Jordan Henderson and Stewart Downing - leading some to question what role he will play. But he made the trip to Asia for pre-season and has spoken positively after featuring in the team.

"Now I just want to get started. I feel great physically, I'm happy with how I'm performing and I want to get a couple of 90-minute run-outs under my belt," Cole said.

"There are four weeks until the start of the Premier League so there's still some time to go. I'm enjoying it. I want to take it day by day.

"Training has been good. I want to get myself fit and get a little bit better every day."

No comments: