Friday, July 15, 2011

Coady On Cloud Nine

Conor Coady today spoke of his joy after netting a memorable goal on his debut for Liverpool in China on Wednesday.

The Academy graduate and U18s captain came on in the second half of our 4-3 win over Guangdong Sunray Cave and fired home an effort he will never forget.

"It was a fantastic feeling," Coady told Liverpoolfc.tv.

"To score a goal for Liverpool is always special but the fact it was for the first team makes it even better.

"As a local lad playing for the first team is the best thing you can ever do, so to score on my debut was fantastic and it will live in my memory for a long time.

"My family will have been watching. My dad will still probably have a few critical things to say but they are all proud of me."

The young Scouser has been included on a first-team pre-season tour for the first time by Kenny Dalglish and he admits it is a humbling experience.

He added: "Every single one of the team and the boss and the coaches have all made me and the other young lads feel very welcome and we would like to thank them for that. It's a credit to all of them.

"These are the days you wait for as a local lad and when I arrived in the airport and saw the fans waiting for us I couldn't believe my eyes as I've not witnessed anything like that before. They are fantastic."

No comments: