Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Charlie Adam: I Came To Liverpool To Learn From Some Of The Best Players In The World

Charlie Adam is eager to impress at Liverpool and feels he can improve a great deal as a player by learning from his new team-mates.

The former Blackpool talisman completed his move to Merseyside last week after months of speculation over where his future would lie.

The 25-year-old Scotsman believes the step up in class is only going to help him grow as a player.

"I want to learn. There are some of the best players in the world at the club, so if I can learn from them and I am going to improve as a player,” Adam told reporters.

As much as the former Rangers man is looking forward to playing with his new team-mates, he is also respectful of what Blackpool has done for his career, both in England and internationally.

"Obviously it was tough in January with the decisions, obviously I respected Blackpool," he said.

"But I've been able to come here, thanks to the manager and it is a step in my career that I am looking forward to."

No comments: