Saturday, June 25, 2011

Martin Skrtel Keeping Up His Fitness During Season Break

Liverpool defender Martin Skrtel insists that he is maintaining his fitness during the season break so that he can return to the club and put in performances reminiscent of last season.

The Slovakia international managed to play every single minute of the club's Premier League campaign and put in strong showings during the course of a rollercoaster campaign which saw the Reds occupy the relegation zone at one stage before eventually finishing seventh.

"I am still relaxing but it is not just sitting next to the pool," Skrtel said on his official website.

"I need to be fit for the upcoming season so I do train every day. I am with my girlfriend every day but I also go to the gym daily.

"I also use my bike a lot because I need to stay in good shape.

"My holidays are nearly over and it was great to be with my family again. I stayed out of football for a while but now I am in the middle of a strict regime.

"I also played with my friends from the national team in a charity match and it was great fun to be with them again.

"I will be heading to Liverpool soon and I hope this season will be a huge success."

No comments: