Thursday, June 30, 2011

Liverpool Interested In Bringing Ezequiel Lavezzi To Anfield

Liverpool have been placed on alert over the availability of Ezequiel Lavezzi.

The Argentine international has been linked with a move to the Barclays Premier League in the past month, with Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini also thought to be keen on the player.

Damien Comolli, director of football at Liverpool, is believed to be an admirer of the player, although it's unknown how Kenny Dalglish feels on the player, nicknamed 'El Pocho'.

"I have never been a dreamer. In my life, I have always set myself goals - many goals to reach. I am someone who organizes his future," the 26-year-old told La Naicon.

"I take each day as it comes and enjoy every moment. My next goal after Napoli is to play in a great team."

Lavezzi's agent confirmed Liverpool was tracking the player earlier in the year, and the Merseysiders are known to be in the market for a striker.

A left back and winger are also thought to be on the agenda for the Reds, with Dalglish looking to invest further on players following the reported £20 million addition of Jordan Henderson at Liverpool a fortnight ago.

No comments: