Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Jose Enrique Has Had No Contact With The Reds

Reported Liverpool target Jose Enrique has refuted suggestions that he has already negotiated a summer move to Merseyside.

It has been widely speculated that the Newcastle defender will join the Reds during the transfer window as they look to draft in a new first-choice left-back.

Liverpool legend Phil Thompson has since claimed that a deal was already in place to bring the Spaniard to Anfield, although Enrique has denied this is the case.

"Liverpool is a big club but I am not negotiating with them at the moment, I am calm at Newcastle," the 25-year-old told Radio Marca.

"My dream is to play for the Spain national side and I think that I have a chance.

"I have improved as a footballer since my arrival to England. The Premier League is more competitive than La Liga and I have not received offers to return to Spain.

"The referees in England are not so strict on the field because they permit more action."

According to The People, Manchester United is ready to challenge Liverpool in their pursuit of £15 million-rated Enrique, who continues to gather plaudits for his performances in the Barclays Premier League.

No comments: