Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Gerrard: I'll Be Back For Pre-Season

Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard has confirmed he is on track to return at the start of next season after missing the past two months with a groin injury.

Gerrard, 30, required surgery on the problem and has not featured since the Reds' 3-1 victory over Manchester United in March.

There were fears that the midfielder may not be fit for the start of next season but after visiting his surgeon on Monday, Gerrard has confirmed he is confident of being back in action by August.

"I'm doing well," Gerrard said. "I saw the surgeon this morning and he gave me the green light to push on, so it's all looking good for me to be back for pre-season.

"I'm a month in and it's a three-month rehab. Things are going well. I just need to progress and push on now, and keep improving."

No comments: