Wednesday, May 18, 2011

'German Messi' Reveals Liverpool Move Plans

Liverpool's hopes of signing Mark Marin have hit a snag at the news that the playmaker wants to stay at Werder Bremen.

The 22-year-old has impressed a number of Europe's big clubs, interest that may have led to a bidding war this summer.

However the German has distanced himself from the rumours linking him with Liverpool.

"I have no interest in moving on this summer," Marin told 11Freunde weekly.

"I am able to progress being at Werder Bremen and I like my team-mates there.

"I want to play a good sort of football with Werder Bremen in the new season and I am still under contract at Weserstadion."

With the club looking for a winger to supply Andy Carroll, the news that Marin, known as the 'German Messs', wants to stay put in his homeland comes as a blow to Kenny Dalglish's transfer plans.

However with Ashley Young, Xabi Prieto and Charlie Adam still on Liverpool's wishlist, Dalglish is unlikely to be to disappointed by Marin's revelation.

No comments: