Monday, April 18, 2011

Suarez Eyes Carroll Goal

Luis Suarez has spoken of his desire to form a lethal partnership with fellow Liverpool new boy Andy Carroll in the years to come.

The Uruguayan and England strikers joined the Reds in the January transfer window from Ajax and Newcastle respectively.

While Suarez proved an instant hit with Reds' fans, Carroll was injured at first but notched his first goals against Manchester City on Monday.

Suarez now hopes the pair can push on and form a partnership which will terrorize defences in years to come.

He told the Sunday Mirror: "I really want one thing to happen here. I want to form a really good partnership with Andy Carroll.

"We are both new here. We both know we need time to adapt to each other's playing style.

"In Holland I used to look at him when he was playing for Newcastle United on TV. I used to think how big and strong he is.

"He is a typical No. 9, a great player to link up with. He is the sort of player who I like to combine with.

"I am prepared to work hard for Andy and for this club. It is not all about me, it is now all about the team.

"The day I leave this club in so many years I want the fans to say that I worked so hard across every meter of grass on the field.

"And about the goals I have scored because I still like scoring goals."

The Uruguayan believes he can also form 'a brilliant combination' with boss Kenny Dalglish.

He added: "Dalglish is a legend here and I have soon found out why. He gives you so much confidence and is such a big football guy.

"Everything I had heard about him is true. I have now discovered that as a manager and as a player we can form a brilliant combination.

"The players like it that he wants to bring back the old Liverpool style of pass and move - attractive football as a way to get results."

Suarez also praised the ambitions of his boss as he seeks to bring the glory days back to Anfield.

"The manager is so ambitious, I love it. A man who is so convinced that he can bring success back at this club, you don't want to disappoint."

No comments: