Friday, April 15, 2011

Mamadou Sakho: I Have No Interest In Joining Liverpool

Speculation that defender Mamadou Sakho is on the verge of agreeing a move to Liverpool this summer has been rejected by the Paris Saint-Germain star.

Sakho had been rumoured to be a £12million target for the Gunners earlier this season, while Liverpool have this week become the latest club to join the race for the highly-rated 21-year-old.

However, the versatile starlet - who can play in the centre of defence or at left-back - has distanced himself from talk of a move to the Premier League.

'I am focused on PSG at the moment,' he said.

'I am reading nothing into the speculation.'

Sakho admits he was ready for the interest to come his way after an impressive campaign in France.

However, he appears to have ruled out a move to England in the near future, adding: 'If I do well then clubs will look at me, but I plan to stay with PSG for a long time.'

Liverpool is said to be monitoring several targets to strengthen its defence this summer.

No comments: