Sunday, April 17, 2011

Kenny Dalglish Is Relaxed About His Future

Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish has said he is relaxed about his long-term future at the club despite being out of contract in the summer.

Liverpool fans are desperate for Dalglish to be handed the reins on a permanent basis after turning the club's fortunes around since taking over from Roy Hodgson, although the Anfield legend is happy to put contract talks on hold until the end of the season.

“I’m perfectly relaxed about the position,” Dalglish was quoted as saying in The Mirror.

“I’m just happy to be here and given performances like that the other night against Manchester City, maybe it’s correct we have to wait until the end of the season for talks.

“I’m not bothered whatsoever. It’s not my decision about the future. I can only look forward to [the match against Arsenal on] Sunday."

There has been talk of a long-term contract for Dalglish for some time now, and the 60-year-old would like to see an end to the constant questions about his future.

He added: “If it sounds boring, it’s even worse for me because I have to keep repeating it.”

No comments: