Saturday, April 02, 2011

Jovanovic Set For Anfield Exit?

Liverpool winger Milan Jovanovic admits a return to Serbian football is highly unlikely despite being linked with a move to Red Star Belgrade.

The 29-year-old has struggled for game time on Merseyside after arriving on a free transfer from Standard Liege last European summer.

He has made just two appearances under Kenny Dalglish and five starts all season.

Jovanovic hasn't ruled out a move away from the club but will look elsewhere before a return to his home country.

Jovanovic told Mondo: "I'm not the one who started this story.

"Yes, you can never know what the future will bring you and I have never said that I will not return home someday.

"But than again we have to look at the reality of Serbian football.

"At this moment there are just minimal chances for me to return to Serbia, for at least the next two years.

"I have full respect for Red Star, who are probably the biggest brand in our football, and I have a lot of friends in that club.

"But Vojvodina are still the only club for which I have played in Serbia so I'm still foremost a fan of Vojvodina."

No comments: