Friday, April 22, 2011

Aquilani Doesn't Want Reds Return

Alberto Aquilani has made it clear he would rather sign a permanent deal with Juventus than return to Liverpool for next season.

quilani has been a success during his loan spell in Turin and Reds manager Kenny Dalglish said on Thursday there was a chance the Italy international "could be a valuable asset" at Anfield next season.

However Aquilani, who joined Liverpool from Roma for £17 million in the summer of 2009, has underlined that he wants to join Juve, who have an option to sign the player for £13 million.

"My situation is simple. It all depends on Juventus - if they want to, (they can) buy me without asking anyone's opinion," Aquilani told Gazzetta dello Sport. "I would like to stay in Turin for a long time and win a lot.

"I want to be a protagonist in the new winning cycle that is opening up at Juventus. I have no doubt that Juve's project is a winner, they just need a little patience.

"I played with great continuity, without any particular problems. I finally removed the tag of me always being injured. I knew I was healthy, that I was just unlucky in the past, but in football people just want to label someone."

No comments: