Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Alberto Aquilani To Know Juventus Future 'Soon'

Juventus midfielder Alberto Aquilani says he is focused on doing well for the Bianconeri rather than his future with the Turin club.

The 26-year-old signed a season-long loan from Liverpool, but there has been recent discussion suggesting the midfielder may return to the Reds, as the Bianconeri refuse to meet the €16 million fee wanted by the English club.

Aquilani has been in good form, and has been rewarded with a recall to the Italy national team, recently playing against Slovenia and Ukraine.

"I have been playing well for a while," he told the club's official website. "The performances of the individual have been overshadowed by the club's results.

"But this Juventus side is maturing and getting better.

"I will know my future soon. For the moment, I aim to finish the season off well and will be giving it my all, as Juventus has given me a chance to return to Italy and regain the Azzurri jersey," he concluded.

Juventus currently sit in seventh position on 48 points.

No comments: