Sunday, March 27, 2011

Roma Defender Mexes Cools Talk Of Liverpool Move

AS Roma defender Philippe Mexes has cooled talk of a move to Liverpool.

Liverpool has been linked with the Bosman prospect this past week.

"It's true that I'll be out of contract, but I am quite relaxed about the situation," Mexes told newspapers in France.

"I will wait and then evaluate all proposals. I never said I'll go anywhere, but I'll make a decision over the next few months. There is no cut-off date.

"Milan? There is talk of that, but also of a renewal with Roma or a transfer to England.

"I have nothing in particular to add, other than to say that if I did leave Roma, I'd prefer to stay in Italy. I know Serie A well and they know me, certainly more so than in France.

"I have no interest in returning to Ligue 1, not even for a big club. It's nothing to do with money. I still have much to learn and already went around France with Auxerre."

No comments: